Finding Solutions: New Interactive Tool for Families and Friends of a Loved One Living with a Mental Health Disorder
A diagnosis of mental illness in the family can have the effect of a tsunami; all members can be seriously affected. Every year, in the face of the unknown, many families do not know how to react, seek help, or find resources. To counter this, the CAP santé mentale network is launching an innovative tool to help them.
Behind every face, a story… In front of every person, a solution!
The CAP santé mentale network is there to help anyone—a parent, a child, a brother, a sister, a spouse or a friend—who has a loved one living with a mental health disorder—find personalized solutions in one of its 49 associations in Quebec. As part of Mental Illness Awareness Week, from October 2 to 8, the CAP santé mentale network reminds us that there is a solution for everyone. Every family member or friend of a loved one living with a mental health disorder:
- Will react differently
- Has a unique background
- Must face their own challenges
- Must take care of their own mental health
- Must discover solutions adapted to their own situation
Through an interactive online journey and the inspiring stories told by Olivia, Christiane, Jade, and Martin, family members and friends can better understand mental illness and the solutions offered by the associations of the CAP santé mentale network. The Finding Solutions tool includes:
- Four powerful testimonies affected family members and friends can relate to
- Twelve information capsules with two experts from the CAP santé mentale network to learn how to better react
- One complete resource bank with 36 practical tools
- One hour of videos and resources to better understand mental illness